Re: [bluetooth-dev] PPP Connection ?

Hi Folks,

> > Then the log messages state that the L2CAP is disconnected.  The log
> > messages is as follows:
> >
> > "BLUETOOTH : l2cap : (66,0) disconnected"
That message is for L2CAP channel used for SDP. Don't worry about that.

> > displayed in response to the transmission) but it eventually times out
> > after 10 unsuccessful attempts.
>I have absolutly the same problem !!!
I also had similar problems.

Here is my /etc/ppp/options.ttyBT0 on the server side:
    noauth nodeflate nobsdcom plock
    mtu 256
    debug
    local
    silent
    10.0.0.1:10.0.0.2

/etc/ppp/options.ttyBT0 on the client side:
    noauth nodeflate nobsdcom plock
    mtu 256
    debug
    local

As a general recommendation I'd suggest to disable most of pppd
features(compres, etc)
and modem emulation for now.

I've modified btd to start pppd with just 'pppd /dev/ttyBTx' to use options
from /etc/ppp/options.ttyBT0.

I run btd as:
     btd -u /dev/ttyS0 -s 57600 -m -e 0

That works pretty reliably for me.

Also I've seen bunch of SDP crashes so it is disable for now and RFCOMM
uses hard coded channel 1.

All the best
Max

Maksim Krasnyanskiy