[bluetooth-dev] PPP Connection ?

Hi Max,

I have read you email from the mailing list and I think that the ppp options you have given out are very useful, I really appreciated it.

However, I have some little problems still can't figure out, can you give me some advices please ?

>Here is my /etc/ppp/options.ttyBT0 on the server side:

> noauth nodeflate nobsdcom plock

> mtu 256

> debug

> local

> silent

> 10.0.0.1:10.0.0.2

>/etc/ppp/options.ttyBT0 on the client side:

> noauth nodeflate nobsdcom plock

> mtu 256

> debug

> local

>As a general recommendation I'd suggest to disable >most of pppd

>features(compres, etc)

>and modem emulation for now.

**************** --> Here!

QUESTION: What have you modified in order to start with the above ppp options ?

>I've modified btd to start pppd with just 'pppd >/dev/ttyBTx' to use options

>from /etc/ppp/options.ttyBT0.

>I run btd as:

> btd -u /dev/ttyS0 -s 57600 -m -e 0

>That works pretty reliably for me.

**************

QUESTION: YES, it works well too but what command do you use to run the btd on the client side ?

And now I'm using the new version of Axis stack, are all above still valid ?

>Also I've seen bunch of SDP crashes so it is disable >for now and RFCOMM

>uses hard coded channel 1.

*******

QUESTION: How to disable the SDP ?

and FINALLY !

After the menu pops out, what command do I use to connect the 2 machines ? I am using Redhat 6.1 and I don't have any hardware(only have a serial cable). I have tried to follow the new readme.txt but first of all the command "./btd -e 0 -i no_hw" doesn't work for me.

So I tried the command you gave out and after this I could get to the menu. Then I tried to connect 11:22:33:44:55:66 0 from the client side but the machine just keep waiting forever. So, what should I do to get the connection ?

Best Regards,

Calvin Tsang