RE: [bluetooth-dev] Echo request

> After some time I found out that
>     - The echo request is already implemented in the stack.
>     - PSM 0x1231 is already taken into account in L2CAP when
> UNPLUG_TEST
> is defined and the test layer is registered with PSM = MAX_PSM-1.
>
> I would have appreciated a short email from someone at Axis telling me
> that.
> It would have saved me some time.

Hi David,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.... you asked if PING was implemented not echo request. Since there is no PING yet there is no indications up to higher layers when an echo request is received. Feel free to do it yourself and we'll be happy to add it in the stack.

Regarding the MAX_PSM and the unplug test stuff that was just a temporary fix and will be replaced by a 'real' PSM for the test layer. Each upper layers function pointer struct will be dynamically allocated when registered thus we could use any MAX_PSM we'd like without allocating a lot of unused memory (currently there are MAX_PSM struct allocated statically...thus the temp fix for PSM=0x1231:) ).

Brgds
Mattias