[bluetooth-dev] Re: [linux-usb-devel] [patch] USB Bluetooth driver updated

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 02:48:17PM -0700, Miles Lane wrote:
> Have you explored IBM's recently announced Bluetooth stack?
> I think it's called "BlueDrekar".  It would be great if the
> USB Bluetooth stuff worked with IBM's code.  Perhaps if we
> drop a bug in IBM's ear about it, they would do the testing
> and either tell us if there are bugs or special cases needing
> handling or would fix their code, if the USB driver uncovers
> bugs in BlueDrekar.

I took a look at it, and it looks like this USB driver will be drop in
compliant. My one complaint right now is that the stack is not under the
GPL. So personally I'm working for getting the Axis stack to work well
with the driver.

IBM did release the source for their serial driver under the GPL with the
sole goal of having someone write the USB driver for them. It looks like
this driver will work, but I have not heard of anyone testing it yet.

I have also been in contact with people from other companies using other
Linux Bluetooth stacks, and they are working on getting this driver to be
supported into their stacks (last time I counted there were 4 different
Bluetooth stacks around for Linux, but that number is probably low.)

greg k-h

--
greg@xxxxxxx.com