RE: [bluetooth-dev] Final plans?

Hi Gustav,
We are developing the BT stack for use in our own products. A while back we decided to release the code under GPL for benefit of all users (including ourselves). The code being under GPL means that _anybody_, including you, could take the code as it stands and do whatever improvements they like as long as they keep the GPL if they redistribute it. That means that _if_ for any reason Axis would stop supporting the stack someone else may pick up the code and start another "BT on linux" source with all code that we all have written. Just to clarify though: I can't see any reason for us to stop supporting the code.

Anyway we are not guaranteeing any level of support. OTOH we are not charging anybody for their use either so that's just fair isn't it? ;-)

If someone else is using the BT stack in a commercial product, fine with us as long as they comply with the GPL. We don't make money from software stacks, we want a stack that is as interoperable and bugfree as possible, so it makes perfect sense for us to let others be part of both development and use.

I hope our answers will assure you that there are no reasons to be worried. If you still have questions just drop me an email and I will answer.

best regards,
Jonas Dellenvall
--
Software Engineer, Mobile Internet