Re: [bluetooth-dev] BT- OS independent ????

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> hi!!!
Hello!

>  Just want to know if Bluetooth is Operating system dependent or
> independent 'coz came across few sites which say it is dependent
> on OS & a few that say it doesn't.
The Buetooth standard itself is completely OS independent!
It is an open standard that can implemented using virtually any operating
system.
Though a certain implementation may be highly dependent on the OS it is
intended for. For example the Axis Bluetooth stack wil not compile and
especially not run out of the box on, let's say, MacOS.

> I'll be immensely happy if this query of mine is answered.
Maybe this helps a bit.

> thanx,
> Uma
Regards
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts
Engel & Faerber GbR      Tel: +49-271-771091-12