RE: [bluetooth-dev] Data corrupt?

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Mats Fridén wrote:

> Hi Jouni,
> I'm not sure I quite understand your problem.
> Where do you see the crap after the data ? on the receiving mashine ?

I'm running the Ericsson Bluetooth chat client on the windows machine. And
on it's screen the crap is seen.

> send-command ? Is it send_cmd in hci.c you mean ?

Nope. In the btd.c bt_write_top() function. And in that function
rfcomm_send_data id called.

> What buffer are you talking about, the command buffer in hci ?
> Please clarify.

The buffer I meant is char[] which is filled from reading stdin.

> > Does anyone have an explanation to a mystery I run into? When in a bit
> > modified btd I try to use the bt_write_top() there's some
> > crap afer the
> > data. I mean when I use the send-command I get the letters to the
> > receiving end of the connection (receiving program is running
> > on Win) but
> > after them there is some strange chars. This same appears
> > when I try to
> > use a big buffer (255) at the bt_write_top(). But when I use a smaller
> > buffer, like 40 chars, the received data is ok. Is there somekind of
> > overflow in the stack which causes this or what?

---      ((        Jouni Paulus                              ))
          ))       paulus@xxxxxxx.fi                         ((
        |   |o)    Research Assistant                    (o|   |
        |___|      DMI, Tampere University of Technology   |___|