Re: [bluetooth-dev] 2.4 kernel

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Gordon McNutt wrote:
> I've made a preliminary attempt to get the AXIS Bluetooth stack working
> with the 2.4.0-test5 kernel. My changes mainly required changing the
> struct wait_queue to the wait_queue_head_t depending on the kernel
> version (necessary to make the source compile).
And don't forget to init the queue before use!

> insmod works to load the module, but the instant I execute ./btd -e 0 -i
> none my machine locks up hard. Note that the stack works for me on the
> 2.2.16 kernel.
Hmm ... I think I have it running here.
I sent patches to Axis but obviously they did not yet make it in their
distribution.

> I'm just curious if anyone else has done anything to port the stack to
> 2.4 and if they've had more success.
In case anyone is interested in it I could make up the patch for the latest
version again.
BTW: You should try the usermode stack :) It should work with 2.4 out of the
box.

> Thanks,
> Gordon
CU
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts
Engel & Faerber GbR      Tel: +49-271-771091-12