[bluetooth-dev] Porting to ARM

I've been trying to get the Bluetooth stack running on an ARM processor.
I've discovered that unfortunately the Axis stack is using struct
overlays onto byte arrays as a way to fill out the protocol headers. It
turns out that this is not particularly portable across compilers. Using
gcc 2.95.2 both natively on a NetWinder and as a cross-compiler I've
discovered that protocol headers are getting munged up due to struct
alignment problems. Particularly, the l2cap_tx_buf with it's 5-byte size
is causing a problem when an ARM sends L2CAP packets.

Questions:
a) Has anybody faced and dealt with this issue and knows an easy way to
fix it (i.e., compiler pragma or option)?
b) If not, I'll probably have to deal with the problem by modifying (a
lot of) the code. Has anybody started this effort yet, and are the Axis
folks amenable to rolling this work into the standard stack?

--Gordon