Re: [bluetooth-dev] Porting the Axis stack to other OS's

The Bluetooth stack itself can be implemented independant of the
operating system.  The Axis stack still has a few things that tie it
closely to the Linux driver (ioctl calls).  Other than that, you can
strip the stack portion itself away from the driver, rework a few
things...and away you go.  The stack itself is basically just a byte
stream parser.  No need to get too fancy tieing it to any particular
OS.  The good thing about this stack, is the driver work that has been
done to enable bluetooth devices to be used with Linux.

Hope this helps,

Ken Steck
AnywhereYouGo.com

Richard Gledhill wrote:

> Hi Bluetooth people,
>
> We are playing around with the Axis stack at the moment under Linux, but are
> now interested in porting it to other operating systems - for instance
> embedded microcontrollers running Nucleus or similar.  Is there any
> information anywhere which would give us an idea of how much of the stack is
> Linux-dependent, and how many functions we would need to replace/modify to
> make work with a different OS?
>
> Thanks
> Richard

> Richard Gledhill                          PA Consulting Group Ltd
> Technology Consultant                 Cambridge Technology Centre
> Wireless Technology Practice                             Melbourn
> Richard.Gledhill@xxxxxxx.com                  Hertfordshire
> Telephone: +44 (0) 1763 261222                            SG8 6DP
> Fax:       +44 (0) 1763 260023       http://www.pa-consulting.com

"Particle man, particle man.
 Doing the things a particle can." -- TMBG

Wm. Kenneth Steck      AnywhereYouGo.com
ken@xxxxxxx.com  972-489-7244