[bluetooth-dev] Re: Porting to ARM

Gordon McNutt <gmcnutt@xxxxxxx.com> wrote:

> I've been trying to get the Bluetooth stack running on an ARM
> processor.  I've discovered that unfortunately the Axis
> stack is using struct overlays onto byte arrays as a way
> to fill out the protocol headers.

Our biggest pain right now is in this area as well.  Our compiler (MRI
C or C++) doesn't allow the zero-length arrays in structures.  These
are used in many structures that are used to overlay the byte array.
Changing the size of the structure by changing data[0] to *data or data[1]
would seem to be dangerous.

We are looking at removing these zero length arrays completely, but that
is going to involve changing a fair bit of code to use pointer arithmetic.

To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com