RE: [bluetooth-dev] How do I setup/use a virtual serial port

Hi,

To be able to run the ttyBT0 as 'a standard serialport' you still need to have the actual physical port used by the stack open (e.g ttySx) during the whole session. If you exit btd the ttySx will be closed automatically which will prevent the stack from communication with physical serial port.

So if you want for example minicom to run on ttyBTx you have to keep ttySx open after a connect (add a while(1) ... in btd) but close ttyBT0. Now in another process open minicom or whatever you want to use on ttyBT0, I have tried cat  /dev/ttyBT0 which worked pretty well.

These things will be fixed properly eventually, however until then you'll have to do it like I described. If you have any good ideas please let us know.

brgds
Mattias Ågren,
AXIS Communications AB