Re: [bluetooth-dev] Anyone tried Bluetooth on RH7.0

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 05:31:43PM -0700, Ling Su wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have anyone tried the Axis module on RH7.0, I tried to compile the kernel
> module after I upgraded to RH7.0,
> Firstly, it complains "#error Modules should never use kernel-headers system
> headers but headers for an appropriate an appropriate kernel-source". It is
> an precompiler error from "/usr/include/linux/modversions.h", I checked the
> modversions.h, it only contains this two lines, so which modversions.h I
> should apply, anyone can give me some suggestion if you have ever
> experienced the same problem.

RH7.0 moved their directory structure around a bit.

Make sure that you have the kernel-source package installed, and then
point the makefile to use /usr/src/linux/include.

That should fix things (at least it did for me with some other external
kernel module packages that I maintain.)

greg k-h

--
greg@xxxxxxx.com