RE: [bluetooth-dev] WAP over Bluetooth, missing profile?

> > My system right now adds headers for UDP, IP and PPP and

> then sends the

> > packet as Bluetooth data not using either the IP-source-address or

> > IP-destination-address since there already exists a

> connection to the other

> > unit.

> > Have I missed something here?

> > Any comments would be appreciated.

>   My understanding which is not deep, is that packets are

> passed between the

>   devices via PPP/RFCOMM/... This should behave just like a

> dial up ISP which

>   is just a conduit for passing IP packets.  You need the IP

> addresses to say

>   which machine the packet is destined for. i.e. one end of

> the link could be

>   a router to the rest of the Internet. You could wire up

> your code to ignore

>   the address and always assume any packet is addressed to

> the recieving host

>   - but that's very limiting and not what IP is all about.

>   	Andrew

You are absolutely right, the existing profile really makes sense in almost
every cases. But imagine that a system contains a WAP-server and that a
WML-page should show up on your phone every time you come close to the
system, e.g. your car. Then maybe it is overkill to use IP, just a thought.

/Andreas