Re: [bluetooth-dev] Minor suggestion - hci.c and other things

I don't know about the firmware crash.  That sounds bad :)

As for the NUMBER_OF_COMPLETED_PACKETS, I have seen this.  It is listed in
the list of Axis/USB/BT bugs that I sent out.  This is a serious
showstopper bug.  Unfortuntely I am not sure what causes it!

A long shot but: In the USB bluetooth driver there is a section for
inserting a delay in the sending of URBs.  Try turning just that section
of code on and see if it works.

> Within the src/hci.c file, there is a constant macro for "DIGI_EVENT"
> defined to be 0xFF.  An event code of 0xFF is really not DigiAnswer
> specific.  It is a manufacturer-specific error code.
> In an Ericsson chipset, an HCI event code of 0xFF and Event_id of 0x1 means
> the firmware OS has crashed.   The only reason I bring this up
> is because I am getting a crash on my BT device.  For some reason,
> if I send/recv alot of data with an Ericsson BT P9A device, it will stop
> sending ACL data - either because the firmware crashed, or because there
> are no available ACL slots (acl_num == 0 and BT device isn't sending
> NUMBER_OF_COMPLETED_PACKETS events anymore to the host controller).  Has
> anybody else seen this?  Do these problems go away with later
> Ericsson BT firmware?
>
> I know I need updated BT hardware.  Just doing the best I can with what I
> got for now...
>
> Thanks,
> Craig Gwydir
> craig@xxxxxxx.com