[bluetooth-dev] RE: Documentation ??

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I appreciate.

The book you mentioned ("Linux Device Drivers" by Alessandro Rubini) is
already with me. But alas ! This book does not talk about TTY Drivers
(as you have done in Axis Code - bluetooth.c) and Line Disciplines - how
to write those - things which I am particularly interested in.

About KHG, I know that it's useful stuff for starters - but I think it's
quite old. Even there they recommend Rubini's book.

Right now, I have a confusion - I hope you can help me. While
registering for TTY Driver to the Kernel, you register your callbacks
for open, close, write, put_char, flush_chars etc. - but strangely I
don't see anything for 'read' - so how am I supposed to give data (which
I received from bottom) to the User application (need not be a Line
Discipline like PPP) who has opened my device ? I hope you understand my
problem. In the Axis code I noticed the same has been achieved by
calling tty->ldisc.receive_buf() - but I guess this is true for Line
Disciplines .. but what if an User Application which just opens my
device and wants to do write/read buffers ??

I would appreciate your help, again !

Regards,
Subhankar.