From: Frank Meyering <meyering@xxxxxxx.de>
To: Chervirala Srinivas <cherviralas@xxxxxxx.com>
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2000 5:27 PM
Subject: AW: [bluetooth-dev] Interoperability..........

Hi,

with the usermode stack you don't need the kernel module. All layers are
integrated in a executable. You start the executable, start the pppd and it
runs. This has some advantages: It is much more stable, because the kernel
module crashes sometimes (e.g. if you want to reset the module). Also the
usermode version is a little bit faster than the module.

In this Stack I have added a new hardware flag: -i csr for the CSR Module.
The HCI-reset and read_ericsson_rev_info aren't executed any more. It works
as well in usermode as in module mode.

best regards

frank