[bluetooth-dev] Ericsson Bluetooth Firmware - Piconet capability

Hi,
 From what I understand, the current firmware in the ericsson modules
(unit with baseband + rf) does not support piconet capabilities but only
point to point connections?  Can someone verify this and explain what this
means?
 I need to have at least five slaves (nodes) communicate with a
master (access point), but it looks like currently there is only support
for one slave and one master.  Can anyone explain why the current version
of bluetooth 1.0B has piconet capabilities mentioned in the specification,
but the hardware does not support it yet? (the hardware is supposed to be
1.0B compliant)
  When will the new firmware for upgrading older modules be relased? Or is
it better to hold off buying modules until the new piconet feature is
supported ?

 Thanks,
 Dennis