Re: [bluetooth-dev] Drivers

carlos.viloria@xxxxxxx.com wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Could someone please explain to me the relationship between the
> software for the Bluetooth protocol stack and the drivers for a certain
> Bluetooth enabled device?Are they the same?

The HCI layer of the Bluetooth stack tries to make this the case. But
manufacturers of embedded devices like cell phones won't necessarily use this
layer. HCI is mainly for Bluetooth devices connected to a PC.

> Where would the software for the stack go in a cellular phone?In an
> EPROM?

Sure, or something like that.

> And in a Home Base Station (with two interfaces: Bluetooth and GSM)?

GSM? Some kind of radio? Anyway, yes, the stack would no doubt be part of the
embedded system in the Base Station.

--Gordon