Re: [bluetooth-dev] High UART speed (460.8 kbps) for ERICSSON

The UART chip supports baud rate up to 1.5 M bps
if it is operated at 24 MHz clock (24 M / 16 = 1.5 M)
However the UART chip in an usual PC operates at 1.8432 MHz clock.
Thus the maximum baud rate is 1.8432 M / 16 = 115.2 k.

If the baud rate of the Ericsson module is increased from 56.6 k to 115.2 k,

then the FTP/TCP/IP/../L2CAP/HCI connection between a Ericsson and a
Digianswer
becomes two times faster. (I successed to test this.)

Myunggyu Kim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anybody tell me how the UART speed of the Host PC can be set to
> 460.8 kbps
> in user space and/or kernel space?
> This setting is required after sending the Ericsson specific HCI command
> 01 09 FC 01 00.
>
> The ROK 101 007 supports 460.8 kbps
> but
> the host PC does?