Re: [bluetooth-dev] Evaluations of Axis bluetooth_20001031 and _1115. with null modem

----- Original Message -----
From: Gordon McNutt <gmcnutt@xxxxxxx.com>
To: sklaw <sklaw@xxxxxxx.tw>
Cc: <majordomo@xxxxxxx.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 1:51 AM
Subject: Re: [bluetooth-dev] Evaluations of Axis bluetooth_20001031 and
_1115. with null modem

> sklaw wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > We connected  2 Linux PCs (kernel 2.4.16) with a null modem cable.( with
> > unmarked // #HCI ...... in btconfig.h to enable HCI emulation)
> >
> > Tests results as follows:
> >
> > bluetooth_20001031 : 2 PC  got connection with user mode but not with
kernel
> > mode :
> >
> > User mode :
> > Server: btduser -m -i no_hw -e 0
> > Client:  btduser -m -i no_hw -e 0 --client
> >
> > After commands menu displayed on screen, key-in:
> >
> > con 11:22:33:44:55:66 0 1 0
> >
> > 2 PCs connected very well as same message shown on each screen, key in:
ppp

> > After all connection procedure completed, we can ping and telnet
anywhere.
> > That means it works.
> >
> > But with kernel mode command:
> >
> > Server: btd -m -i no_hw -e 0
> > Clinet : btd -m -i no_hw -e 0 --client
> >
> > After command memu shows, key in :
> > con 11:22:33:44:55:66 0 1 0
> >
> > The screen shows handle 0 and then returns to command menu waiting
commands.
> > The 2 PC is not connected. Please advise what we have done incorrect.
> >

> How do you know that it isn't connected?

Because the 2 PCs now are  not synchronized and no connection message shown
on each screen.

Definitely , the client can't ping any IP this time.

My question is why command of kernel mode can't work and why _1115 can work
at all. If anyone got different results, please kindly share your findings.

Thanks and best regards