[bluetooth-dev] Pinging w/ Nov 2000 Version

Hello,

After changing all the references from -ltermcap to
-lncurses in the Makefiles, I was able to compile the
Nov 2000 version of the stack on two Linux PCs.  I am
using Comtec-Sigma (Ericsson) hardware over the serial
port.  I could not get ping or any other command to
work between the two nodes, either in the
server-client direction or vice versa.

I therefore turned on all the debug messages in
btdebug.h and recompiled everything.  I tried pinging
the other radio (from client to server) and am
including the output from all the debug messages.

  - Can you please tell me if you see something that I

    am doing wrong?
  - Are all the F's in the BT address in the first
line
    of the screen output OK? Why isn't the address
    I typed in written back to the screen?
  - Are basic commands like "con <BT address>" working

    in this version or should I download the new
    version released today?

Thank you,

Paolo Dini
Philips Research

> ping DC:49:03:B7:D0:00
Pinging bd : FFFFFFDC:49:03:FFFFFFB7:FFFFFFD0:00
    L2CAP Sending ping

Ping destination : bd  (6)
   0xdc 0x49 0x03 0xb7 0xd0 0x00
    L2CAP get_con : look for connections in state
ANY_STATE (7)

get_con : bd  (6)
   0x00 0xd0 0xb7 0x03 0x49 0xdc
    L2CAP get_con : connection not found
    L2CAP l2ca_ping : create new baseband link
    L2CAP get_lcon : lcid 64 con_list.count = 0
    L2CAP get_lcon : connection lcid : 64 not found
    L2CAP Create_con rcid 0
    L2CAP init_flow
show_con : insert_con() (64:0) [CLOSED] [unknown]
r_mtu[672] C[yes] link_up[no]
    L2CAP insert_con : now 1 connections

lp_connect_req to : bd  (6)
   0x00 0xd0 0xb7 0x03 0x49 0xdc
HCI: create_connection
HCI: send_cmd : cmd_num 1
HCI: send_cmd_queue: start (cmd_num:1)
HCI: send_cmd_queue : 0 cmds left in queue
HCI: send_cmd: Sucessfully sent HCI command

hci_receive_data :  (7)
   0x04 0x0f 0x04 0x00 0x01 0x05 0x04
hci-7
HCI: hci_receive_data: WAIT_FOR_PACKET_TYPE
HCI: hci_receive_data: WAIT_FOR_EVENT_TYPE
HCI: hci_receive_data: WAIT_FOR_EVENT_LENGTH

process_event:  (4)
   0x00 0x01 0x05 0x04
HCI: process_event: COMMAND_STATUS
HCI: now cmd_num = 1
 HCI: send_cmd_queue: start (cmd_num:1)
HCI: send_cmd_queue : 0 cmds left in queue

hci_receive_data :  (14)
   0x04 0x03 0x0b 0x04 0x00 0x0f 0x00 0xd0 0xb7 0x03
0x49 0xdc 0x01 0x00
hci-14
HCI: hci_receive_data: WAIT_FOR_PACKET_TYPE
HCI: hci_receive_data: WAIT_FOR_EVENT_TYPE
HCI: hci_receive_data: WAIT_FOR_EVENT_LENGTH

process_event:  (11)
   0x04 0x00 0x0f 0x00 0xd0 0xb7 0x03 0x49 0xdc 0x01
0x00
HCI: process_event: CONNECTION_COMPLETE: Page Timeout
    L2CAP lp_connect_cfm: Page Timeout (hci_handle :
3840)
    L2CAP get_con : look for connections in state
CLOSED (0)

get_con : bd  (6)
   0x00 0xd0 0xb7 0x03 0x49 0xdc

get_con : con_list bd  (6)
   0x00 0xd0 0xb7 0x03 0x49 0xdc
    L2CAP lp_connect_cfm : (neg) Page Timeout
show_con : delete_con :  (64:0) [CLOSED] [unknown]
r_mtu[672] C[yes] link_up[no]
    L2CAP Now connection list is empty !
BT SYS: ACL link failed, remove connection