Re: [bluetooth-dev] ARM : fail to open a ptydev for PPP

Xavier DEBREUIL wrote:

> Xavier DEBREUIL wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I am still working with 20001115 version and ppp cannot run since the openpty
> > function does not return any /dev/pts/... device ; any idea is welcomed.
> >
> > thank you
> > Xavier
> > -
> > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe bluetooth-dev" in
>
> mkdir /dev/pts
> mknod /dev/ptmx c 5 2
> mount -t devpts none /dev/pts
>
> seems to solve that problem
>
> ppp connects and pinging is ok
>
> nevertheless, when I try to surf on the net, I get
> BT_SYS: ERROR :Bad UART baud rate or trashed data on the uart

This could be one of several things (that I'm aware of):
a) There's still an alignment problem lurking for ARM (I assume you're using an
ARM patch to make the stack work)
b) Your UART is getting receive overruns (check /proc/tty/driver/serial for an
"oe" field)
c) Your BAUD rate is too high for your hardware (try a lower one)

I recommend trying to rule out b) or c) first.

--Gordon