Re: [bluetooth-dev] Profiles Supported for BT Axis?

Lim Yong Beng wrote:
 Hello,

1stly, I would like to thank Gordon for the reply!!  It seems that the
latest version of the AXIS stack dos not include sdp client functionality
yet.  My qns are:

1.  Does anyone know when the sdp client would be supported?
What exactly do you mean by an SDP client? If you look at Figure 2.1 in the SDP section of the profile spec, I think the only thing missing is the box labeled SrvDscApp -- the service discovery app. Is this what you're talking about?

2.  If not supported, how do we go abt using the sdp for the client with
this new version?  The older version (140800) provides support for both the
sdp server and client but only for 1 profile (serial port).  When would the
LAN Access Profile or other profiles be supported?
The LAN Access Profile is implemented. Follow the README instructions for making a PPP connection.

3.  Any tips for creating a new profile??

Well, let's break it down.

The following profiles already exist:

        Serial Port
        LAN Access

The following require support outside the scope of the stack:

        Headset
        Dial-Up Networking
        FAX
        Generic OBEX
        Object Push
        File Transfer
        Synchronization

The following require an interface to L2CAP and HCI + app support outside the stack:

        Generic Access
        Cordless Telephony
        Intercom

The following requires an interface to SDP and app support outside the stack:

        SDP Application

Since you're interested in SDP, your main concern as far as the stack goes is the interface to SDP. I have no idea what the AXIS developers have in mind for this, so I suggest that you think about it and recommend one to them.

--Gordon