RE: [bluetooth-dev] Profiles Supported for BT Axis?

Hi,
the LAN profile is basically PPP over an rfcomm channel which the stack was capable of even in the 14 aug release.

The only missing part in this release was some service records in the SDP database when querying for the LAN profile. What we did was that we used the serial port profile and the ran ppp over that connection.

So to do WAP over bluetooth the only thing you need to do
is to connect ppp over an rfcomm channel and then use the network interface just like any other. WAP is just WML data encapsulated in UDP packets which ppp then transmits to the other ppp peer.

brgds
Mattias,
Axis Communications AB