RE: [bluetooth-dev] Pinging w/ Nov 2000 Version

Mattias,
You are quite right, the other side (server) is not
responding.  I enabled the debug messages and issued
the simple "readbd" command.  Here is what I got:

> readbd
HCI: read_bd_addr
HCI: send_cmd : cmd_num -1
HCI: send_cmd_queue: start (cmd_num:-1)
HCI: send_cmd_queue : 5 cmds left in queue
HCI: send_cmd: Queueing HCI command
HCI: cmd_num : -1
Current bd addr : 00:00:00:00:00:00

So I can't even see the radio's address from its own
host.  Notice that I swapped the radios and verified
that I can read the address from the other host
(client), while I can't read the other radio from the
server.  So it's definitely a problem with how I have
set up or installed the stack on the server.  Perhaps
I have a problem with the serial port?  Doing lsmod as
root shows that the serial driver is loaded and
running, so I am not sure what to test next...

I might add that both the server and the client are
running the same exact version of Linux and of the
Axis stack (Nov 2000).  I have connected the
Sigma-Comtec boards through the serial port for data
and USB for power (I verified that power gets to the
board).

Another piece of feedback that may be relevant is that
when I reset the BT board on the client the
/var/log/messages file shows an unrecognized USB
device, while the same file on the server does nothing
at all.

Finally, when I do lsmod on the client I see the
USB-UHCI module whereas I do not see it on the server.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Paolo

--- Mattias_Ågren <mattias.agren@xxxxxxx.com> wrote:

> ----
> process_event:  (11)
>    0x04 0x00 0x0f 0x00 0xd0 0xb7 0x03 0x49 0xdc 0x01
> 0x00
> HCI: process_event: CONNECTION_COMPLETE: Page
> Timeout
>     L2CAP lp_connect_cfm: Page Timeout (hci_handle :
> 3840)
>     L2CAP get_con : look for connections in state
> ----
>
> You are getting a page timeout which means that the
> baseband cannot find the BD address you want to
> connect to. Either you have the wrong BD address or
> the other side is not responding.
>
> brgds
> Mattias

=== message truncated ===