Re: [bluetooth-dev] Pinging w/ Nov 2000 Version

Thanks for the feedback Greg.

It is not clear why the USB drivers are not loaded on the server.  I loaded usbcore manually but could not load usb-uhci: I got an error regarding an unregistered APM call-back or something like that.  Installing APM (advanced power management) with
Yast2 did not make a difference.  The message log does not acknowledge that a USB device has been plugged in unless usb-uhci is loaded.

As it happens, I don't believe that all this about USB is too relevant to my problem.  I am using USB only to provide power to the Comtec-Sigma boards (double-checked) and am relying on the serial port and drivers for data transfer.  Yesterday I
double-checked all the cables again to isolate the problem somewhere on or around the installation of the Axis stack on the server (which is a Compaq Armada M700 laptop, by the way).  We installed and ran Minicom to make sure the serial port itself is
working, and it is.

I think my next step may have to be delving into the stack's source code to try to understand what it does.  I am quickly running out of the obvious reasons why I don't see the behaviour on the laptop (server) match the behaviour of the desktop (client),
which is working fine.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Please answer me also at 	paolo3dini@xxxxxxx.com

Thanks,