SUCCESS!!! Re: [bluetooth-dev] Pinging w/ Nov 2000 Version

Everyone:

I finally got the server to work and to connect!

Lessons learned:

   1 - Never trust a laptop.  The USB port on my
laptop
       was working fine under Windows and also under
       Linux a couple of days ago.  This morning I
       tested it again and it was outputting only 0.3
V        instead of 5 V.
   2 - USE A NULL-MODEM CABLE with Ericsson hardware!
        It was not clear that the cable sent with the

       Comtec-Sigma was null-modem, b/c it was not
       labelled as such.

It is not surprising that a null-modem cable is
required since the serial port on the Ericsson module
is non-standard:  Tx and Rx follow one convention
(either modem or PC) while CTS and RTS follow the
other.  An Ericsson engineer told me this last year. I
do not know whether in more recent versions of the
module this has been changed, but it is very important
to realise for anyone doing custom designs.

Thanks for all the help and feedback,
Paolo
Philips Research