Re: [bluetooth-dev] newbie : errors under RH7

> On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 11:01:59AM +0100, Berni_Joss@xxxxxxx.com
wrote:

> > Hello,
> > I seem to have exactly the same problems as John -- trying to compile
> under
> > RH7 kernel 2.2.16 with gcc 2.96.
> >

> RedHat 7.0 uses 2.4.x kernel header include files in the
> /usr/include/linux directory, which is a good thing.  However you need

I see .. but I don't understand :((

> to point the bluetooth compile to the kernel header files for the kernel
> you want to use this on (like possibly in /usr/src/linux/include).
>
> You might try this (don't know if it works at all, but you get the idea)
>          make INCLUDEDIR=/usr/src/linux/include
> or you might try hacking up the makefile to point to the proper place.

by hacking the src/Makefile as follows:
** changing path for modversions.h file:
MODFLAGS = -DMODVERSIONS -include /usr/src/linux-2.2.16/include/linux/modversions.h
** changing location of system include files:
CFLAGS   = -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -isystem /usr/src/linux/include -I../include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce
$(MODFLAGS)

I get bluetooth_20010108 to compile :)
Next step is to figure out if it still works, or if I broke it.

> Sorry I'm not at a RH7.0 box right now, or I'd do it myself...
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> greg k-h

Thanks Greg, it sure did help!
Have a good day,