Re: [bluetooth-dev] Problems with bt.o

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 07:36:51AM -0700, Gordon McNutt wrote:
> Mikko Rahkonen wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have a little problem with 20010108 bt-module.  Despite the fact that I
> > compiled the module with 2.2.18 (in Red Hat 7) insmod bt.o gives the
> > warning:
> >
> > bt.o: kernel-module version mismatch
> >         bt.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.0-0.26
> >         while this kernel is version 2.2.18.
>
> One way to fix that:
>
> su -
> cd /usr/src/include
> mv linux linux-2.4
> ln -s ../src/linux/include linux

Eeek!  No don't do that!  Not good at all.  RedHat is _finally_ getting
away from the dependency of the /usr/src/linux/include directory being
there at all.  That's why they ship the kernel-headers package which is
what caused the above error.

The correct way to fix this is at compile time for the module, like you
say below:

> $EDITOR bluetooth/src/Makefile and then add -I/usr/src/linux/include to
> CFLAGS.

Time to go make a patch for this...

greg k-h

--