Re: [bluetooth-dev] Problems with bt.o

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 10:29:17PM -0700, Gordon McNutt wrote:

> Ok. I'm easy.
> But one thing I don't understand: if they're going to put kernel headers in
> /usr/src/linux, why not put the headers from the kernel they shipped with?

They put the headers in which they _compiled_ everything against.  This
makes it a no brainer in upgrading to 2.4.0 and having nothing break.

See this for further reason why it was finally changed:
	http://kernelnotes.org/lnxlists/linux-kernel/lk_0007_04/msg00881.html

(Personally I agree with this change, as it makes sense, but it did
make me have to go and change a bunch of Makefiles for kernel modules
that I work on.)

greg k-h

--
greg@xxxxxxx.com