Re: [bluetooth-dev] Axis -- Ericsson

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 08:58:39PM +0200, Mikko Rahkonen wrote:

> This must be a RFTM question, but anyway...
>
> I'm also having problems with Axis stack and Ericsson Bluetooth USB
> module. I can't even get the Axis stack to compile with HW_CURRENT=
> USBMODULE and kernel 2.2.18.
>
> A working USB bluetooth driver is included in the latest kernels (2.2.18
> and 2.4.0), but getting it to work with Axis stack is not as easy as the
> kernel documantion claims: "(driver) currently works well with the Linux
> USB Bluetooth stack from Axis".
>
> Does anybody know how to use this kernel USB-driver with Axis stack?

Now that's a broad question.

You _should_ be able to just point the Axis stack at the /dev/ttyUB0 and
it will "just work" :)

To make things easier, first get the Axis stack working with a serial
device.  Then get Linux USB working with some other USB device (like a
mouse or keyboard).  Then try the two together.

A great place for Linux USB questions is the Linux USB FAQ and Guide at
http://www.linux-usb.org/

And I'm always willing to answer specific questions if anyone has any.

One hint, if you're using Ericsson devices, make _sure_ you have the
latest firmware for them.  The older versions didn't really work well.

thanks,

greg k-h

--
greg@xxxxxxx.com