Re: [bluetooth-dev] Relationship between components

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 12:33:28PM +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> I'm a little confused as to the exact relationship between the various parts
> of the BT system WRT 2.4 kernels.
>
> The 2.4 kernel has a USB driver, bluetooth.o, which can be happily loaded
> and which usbmgr seems happy to accept.  From there, however, integrating
> that with the Axis parts is a little confusing.
>
> Does bluetooth.o supercede the module provided by the Axis stack, or augment
> it?  What is the functionality provided by each portion of the system?
>
> Has anybody got the Axis BT stack working with BT USB, and if so, how
> exactly did you do it, specifically without working with the stack in
> userspace?

The bluetooth.o module in the usb tree is _only_ for USB bluetooth
devices.  It does not have anything to do with the Axis stack.

Now you _can_ get the Axis stack to work with it, but you can also get
other vendors stack to work with it too.

To get it to work, simply point the stack at the /dev/ttyUB0 node
instead of the /dev/ttyS0 node (or whereever you had put your serial
connection at.)  That's it, you shouldn't have to do anything else to
the Axis stack (if this is wrong, someone please tell me.)

Does that help explain things better?

thanks,

greg k-h

--