RE: [bluetooth-dev] New license for the Axis bluetooth stack

Hi,
I agree that the license is very close to LGPL.
There are some differences though that I will try to explain below.

1) If someone uses the stack on some peculiar platform without publically available tools etc we still feel ok with that if any improvements regarding bluetooth is fed back to the community. That is not 100% clear in LGPL, as far as I can tell.

2) If someone develops Bluetooth related functionality, that is not already implemented, we want that to be fed back as well. We are thereby explicitly saying that it is not ok to place that functionality in a separate library without sharing it.

best regards,
Jonas Dellenvall
--
Software Engineer, Mobile Internet