Re: [bluetooth-dev] Axis stack in kernel mode - problems

Sasikanth Avancha wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the Axis Bluetooth stack in kernel mode and have
> encountered a serious problem. I'm using Linux-2.2.18. I built and
> installed the latest version (Jan 8) of bt.o. The problem is this:
> I bring up the stack using "btd -e 0" (turn off modem emulation). This
> allows pppd to automatically start up. Now if due to ANY reason, the stack
> crashes (typing ^C or killing btd or sdp_server), it causes a kernel
> crash. The message "Unable to handle NULL pointer reference" is displayed
> on the screen and it's time to press the reset switch.
>
> Using the kernel mode on 2.4.0 kernel is even worse. As soon as "btd -e
> 0" is executed, the kernel panics. The error message refers to a NULL
> pointer reference in sdp_database_read().

That's great! Usually when the stack crashes on me the system instantly locks
up too hard to get any debug info. But since the problem is in SDP, I wonder
if getting Marcus' patch might fix that. Check the recent mail archives (last
two weeks). Marcus can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that makes 2.4.x
behave more nicely.

--gmcnutt