Re: [bluetooth-dev] Multiple BT modules in one machine?

well,

in a way i did the hardcore trial version of what you are talking about:

start one

./btduser -u /dev/ttyS0 -r client -s 115200 -e 0 -R

for bluetooth no 1 on serial port 1 in a terminal window
and one

./btduser -u /dev/ttyS1 -r client -s 115200 -e 0 -R

for bluetooth no 2 on serial port 2 in another terminal window
and then rf_connect and rf_send and so on...

ATTENTION - in order for the second one to start you need to delete the
file /var/run/btd.pid or at least let the user starting the btduser app
write/overwrite to /var/run... it is not the best thing to do,
concerning your linux stability, but it get's you going in 5 minutes ...

(my config: redhat7, kernel 2.2.16 or 2.2.18, axis openbt 20010108,
standard btduser compiled..., ericsson rok101007 P9A)

cheers

jb

fabrizio.gennari@xxxxxxx.com wrote:

> I wonder if Axis BT stack will ever support multiple Bluetooth modules connected to a single PC (e.g. one connected to /dev/ttyS0 and one on /dev/ttyS1), in a fashion similar to having multiple Ethernet cards on a single machine. This would probably
> involve duplicating all state variables in HCI and L2CAP layers.

Jan Beutel                                 j.beutel@xxxxxxx.org
Computer Engineering and Networks Laboratory, ETZ G63
ETH Zurich                              +41 1 632 70 32 Phone
Gloriastrasse 35                          +41 1 632 10 35 Fax
CH 8092 Zurich/Switzerland          http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch