Re: [bluetooth-dev] Compiling BT stack on standard Linux!

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 03:17:24PM -0500, David Campos Neves wrote:
> I did, and it almost worked (it compiled the sources under "src") but when
> it tries to compile btd or btuser, it fails because it cannot find the header
> files: readline.h and history.h (like it says near the end of the appended
> file). I ran a "find" trough my hd and didn't found a trace of the files
> mentioned! If I comment the offending lines (a desperate move I know :-) ) It
> doesn't find the corresponding library either ("readline" i think).

Good, the patch I sent, only changes the kernel module compile stuff
around, not the other tools.

It generally looks like you might not have installed all of the
developer packages on your machine that are needed to do development
work.  I don't know the Mandrake installer, but does that sound like how
you installed the box?

> btd.c:137: readline/readline.h: No such file or directory
> btd.c:138: readline/history.h: No such file or directory

Do you have the readline-devel package on your machine?  That's what
provides these header files.  Install that and see how it works.

Hope this helps,

greg k-h

--
greg@xxxxxxx.com