RE: [bluetooth-dev] Compiling BT stack on standard Linux!

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, David Campos Neves wrote:

> >What is the _exact_ error that you get when you try to compile the
> >stack?
> >
> I did, and it almost worked (it compiled the sources under "src") but when
> it tries to compile btd or btuser, it fails because it cannot find the header
> files: readline.h and history.h (like it says near the end of the appended

They're in the readline development package.

I run Debian, so I don't know what it's going to be called, but
*readline*dev* should be appropriate to 'find' it.

> I guess I just have to change to Redhat if it works there!
> I just thought all the distros were supposed to behave the same way! <sigh>

All distros work the same way (from a user perspective) if you have the same
stuff installed.