[bluetooth-dev] 2001/01/08 and PPP (was: PPPD exiting)

> We've just had a look at the source with a debug trace. In our version of PPP
> (which exhibits this same bug), PPP calls bt_open twice on whatever /dev/ttyBT*
> you give it. We've been telling it to use /dev/ttyBT0.

If you give 'local' parameter to pppd the port is opened only once (as it
should in this case to prevent cannot reopen error) and pppd starts fine
at server side. However I get kernel panic at client when starting pppd
(2.3.11 and 2.4.0).

This is what I do:

- server: btd -u /dev/ttyUB0 -s 57600 -m -e 0
- client: btd -u /dev/ttyUB0 -s 57600 -r client
- client: rf_conn <bt_addr> 1 0
- server: pppd /dev/ttyBT0 57600 local local_ip:remote_ip nocrtscts
          nocdtrcts nobsdcomp defaultroute -detach (starts fine)
- client: pppd /dev/ttyBT0 57600 local local_ip:remote_ip nocrtscts
          nocdtrcts nobsdcomp defaultroute -detach (kernel panic)

Any ideas?

--
Mikko Rahkonen <rahkomi@xxxxxxx.fi>