Re: [bluetooth-dev] 2001/01/08 and PPP

> If you give 'local' parameter to pppd the port is opened only once (as it
> should in this case to prevent cannot reopen error) and pppd starts fine
> at server side. However I get kernel panic at client when starting pppd
> (2.3.11 and 2.4.0).

I managed to get pppd 2.4.0 to work with 2001/01/08 release of the stack.
I'm using kernel 2.2.18. The following options -files solve the problem:

Server
------
lock
noauth
nodeflate
nobsdcomp
mtu 296
mru 296
local
silent
proxyarp
silent
<local_ip>:<remote_ip>
defaultroute

Client
------
lock
noauth
nodeflate
nobsdcomp
mtu 296
mru 296
local
proxyarp
<local_ip>:<remote_ip>
defaultroute

I call pppd -detach /dev/ttyUB0 <line_speed> on both sides and I get a
connection. Telnet seems to work fine but fetching large stuff using http
freezes the system. Couldn't this be a mru/mtu problem?

--
Mikko Rahkonen <rahkomi@xxxxxxx.fi>