Re: [bluetooth-dev] Compiler errors

Jennifer K Gee wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to install the bluetooth drivers onto my system.
> I'm running redhat 7.0, kernel 2.2.16-22
>
> I have gone through every step of the install process up to 'make'.
>
> I'm getting weird compiler errors and I don't know what to make of it:
>
> [root@localhost bluetooth]# make
> make -C src
> make[1]: Entering directory `/root/bluetooth/src'
> cc -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -I../include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2
> -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -DMODVERSIONS -include
> /usr/include/linux/modversions.h   -c -o bluetooth.o bluetooth.c
> In file included from bluetooth.c:0:
> /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:1:2: #error Modules should never use
> kernel-headers system headers,
> /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:2:2: #error but headers from an
> appropriate kernel-source
> make[1]: *** [bluetooth.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/bluetooth/src'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Can someone help me?

Someone (I think Greg Koah -- sorry if I mispelled your last name) posted a
patch to fix this a while back.
You need to modify the Makefile like so:

CFLAGS += -I$(LINUX)/include/linux

And define LINUX in your environment, the Makefile or on the command line to
point to your kernel source tree.

--gmcnutt