Re: [bluetooth-dev] bluetooth stack compile problem -- kernel 2.2.17

Dear Jun,

because I use Red Had Linux as well, I experienced the same problem. To solve it, you
should do exactly what the error message is suggesting: using the headers from the
appropriate kernel-sources!

That is, use /usr/src/linux/include/linux instead of /usr/include/linux

So, you have to adapt your Makefile.
For example, in the src directory edit your Makefile in the following way:

Use

MODFLAGS = -DMODVERSIONS -include /usr/src/linux/include/linux/modversions.h
CFLAGS   = -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -I../include -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2
-fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce $(MODFLAGS)

instead of

MODFLAGS = -DMODVERSIONS -include /usr/include/linux/modversions.h
CFLAGS   = -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -I../include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce
$(MODFLAGS)

As you can see I only changed the include settings. (at least thats the only change I can
remember....)

HTH!

Best regards

Frank