Re: [bluetooth-dev] Alignement fix + kernel mode 2.4

david LIBAULT wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why should I care about kernel ioctl.h when I am building a module ?

Because the macros used to define the serial driver's ioctl arguments live
there. But on reflection I realized that wouldn't cause a kernel panic (although
it might potentially cause the serial driver not to recognize an ioctl call).

However, I still suspect that if you compile your module against a different
version of linux/tty_driver.h, one where the position of the fields have changed
from the version used when your kernel was compiled, then you could see a kernel
panic when trying to call the serial driver's ioctl routine.

--gmcnutt