Re: [bluetooth-dev] Linux Distributions

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 07:53:30AM +0100, Frank Wöhrle wrote:
> I noticed that you get now the RH version 7.0.
> Will it work with that version without problems ?

Yes it will, if you use the patch that I have sent to the list, or use
the latest cvs version (the patch is included there.)

Actually the patch should enable all different distros to work properly,
but I haven't tested it on anything but RedHat 6.2, RedHat 7.0, Immunix
6.2, and Immunix 7.0.

When you compile the kernel module, just point the compile at the kernel
that you are currently compiling the module for with the command:
	make INCLUDEDIR=/usr/src/linux/include
if /usr/src/linux/include is where your current kernel lives.  Myself, I
use the line:
	make INCLUDEDIR=/home/greg/linux/linux-2.4.2-greg/include
as that's where my kernel tree is (it's not recommended to do kernel
development in /usr/src/linux, but some people do...

Hope this helps,

greg k-h

--
greg@xxxxxxx.com