Re: [bluetooth-dev] USB problems

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 04:23:59PM +0100, Johan Trollås wrote:

> We have managed to setup a connection and send data using the COM-port, but
> would prefer to use  USB. Is there anyone who could tell us how to run the
> stack using USB? We are using Axis stack from January this year running the
> btd-application on Linux 2.2-17 (Mandrake 7.2). In particular we would like
> to know if we need to make any changes in the stack code, if we need to
> insert any modules into the kernal (e.g. USB-modules) and if we need to
> create any ttys. If we need special USB modules, where can they be found?

I think it might be time to modify the README for this info, I'll look
into doing that later today...

But in the meantime:

The USB Bluetooth driver is in the kernel source tree, not the Axis
stack tree.  I recommend either using versions 2.2.18 or the latest
2.4.x (which is 2.4.2 as of this writing).  Get USB support working for
Linux by reading the FAQ and Linux USB Guide at:
	http://www.linux-usb.org/
Create the USB Bluetooth device nodes in /dev for ttyUB? if they are not
created by reading the documentation for the driver at
Documentation/usb/bluetooth.txt in the kernel source tree.

Then point the Axis stack at /dev/ttyUB0 instead of the serial port,
after you have inserted the bluetooth device, and it's recognized by the
USB Bluetooth driver (you should see something to that effect in the
kernel log.)

Hope this helps,

greg k-h

--