RE: [bluetooth-dev] Linux Distributions

Well, gcc-2.96-RH is a snapshot of the development version of gcc,
which will lead to gcc-3.0. It is not officially supported by the
gcc developers. However, it is officially supported by RedHat.

> > you should probably use CC=kgcc on newer RH or Mandrake distros,
> > and CC=gcc272 (if I remember correctly) on Debian as that is the
> > compiler the distributed kernel was compiled with.
>
> I don't think 2.4 kernels are compiled with gcc272, since
> that hasn't been required since some very old version of
> the kernel.

Well, I am not sure about Debian, as I use RedHat myself. However,
RH does not have a 2.4.x kernel in their distribution yet (except
for the Wolverine beta). So on Woverine I would expect kgcc to be
whatever compiler they used to compile the kernel (most likely
2.96-RH).

//Peter