[bluetooth-dev] Re: Axis stack portability (2)

Hello Bernard,

can you describe again which stack version you are using and which patch
exactly ?
It seems that everything is patched, but not the hci layer ! Is this
possible ? Can you compare your hci.c with the version before patching ?
I think Gordon said that he forgot to send that patch. If this is the
problem, I can send you a patch for hci.c (with my changes).

I will work on big endian issues with the current cvs version in the
next few days !

Matthias

Bernard Perrin wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> > It is an endian problem. Beside other things, the stack source uses bit
> > fields in many situations which are interpreted differently on x86 (LE)
> > and PPC (BE).
> > There is patch for an older stack version available that fixes the
> > endian problems (ARM patch) mostly. I think that it is only a question
> > of a few days until this patch is applied to the cvs.
> >
> > Please read some older articles about this problem (e.g. in the archiv).
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> I used the patch and now the situation is a bit better: only the first 2
> bytes
> are swapped. This is the case in the 4 following situation:
>
> 1. Start
>   0c 03 00 (correct is 03 0c 00)
> 2. inqscan
>   0c 1a 01 03 (correct is 1a 0c 01 03)
> 3. readbd
>   10 09 00 (correct is 09 10 00)
> 4. con 11:22:33:44:55:66 0
>   04 05 0d 66 55 44 33 22 11 18 cc 00 00 00 00 00
>   (correct is 05 04 0d 66 55 44 33 22 11 18 cc 00 00 00 00 00)
>
> Any idea on how to cleanly correct this last problem is welcome.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bernard

\ Matthias Fuchs                                 \
 \ esd electronic system design Gmbh              \
  \ Vahrenwalder Straße 205                        \
   \ D-30165 Hannover                               \
    \ email: matthias.fuchs@xxxxxxx.com      \
     \ phone: +49-511-37298-0                         \
      \ fax:   +49-511-37298-68                        \