Re: [bluetooth-dev] Re: about bluetooth

Le Mercredi 07 Mars 2001 16:50, Sami Kibria a écrit :
> hello suman...
>
> well where to begin...hmmmm, okay there is a company called comtech-sigma
> which sells the bluetooth development kits (same chip as ericsson) but a
> different board...and they do development on windows BUT the implemenation
> is hidden (because windows is not open source) so you have no clue what is
> going on underneth (i.e. implemented with a binary file) but they do give
> you a simple api to work with and its easy to understand i found....
>
> and then there is the axis bluetooth stack, of course it is for linux, but
> not everything is implemented, and when you run the current version it
> may/maynot work on anything other than redhat 6.2 BUT there are patches to
> get it to run on redhat 7.0 and supposidly the patch works on other
> distributions of linux as well...

The problem of the distribution is not related to the ability of the stack to
run, but to the possibility to build it with no effort (i.e. with little
effort, the stack runs fine on my mandrake 7.2, and ran on my debian). A
binary version of the stack would work on any distribution.
Note that I am using linux on an embedded ARM processor with kernel 2.4 (no
Red hat or Mandrake or debian distribution).