[bluetooth-dev] Kernel mode vs. user mode

Hi everybody.

What exactly are the differences between kernel mode and user mode, and why
would I prefer to use one ?

Another question is, where exactly in the layer model is the btd located?

Since rfcomm connections can be made, I suppose, it's on top of the L2CAP layer.
On the other hand, I seem to be able to use an IP network instead of two BT
devices for a HCI to HCI connection. This functionality should be somewhere
within the HCI layer.  So, is there a "location" of the btd or is it just
everywhere?

bye

Patrick