Re: [bluetooth-dev] Java API

You are correct about the JSR group -- we've just started.

Good luck in your quest.

Regards,
Brent
B. A. Miller RTP, NC
(919) 543-6959 TIE 441
FAX (919) 254-6430 TIE 444
Internet: bamiller@xxxxxxx.com
---------------------- Forwarded by Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM on 03/08/2001
07:19 AM ---------------------------

Lee Haw Ong <leehaw00@xxxxxxx.com on 03/07/2001 08:18:48 PM

Sent by:  owner-bluetooth-dev@xxxxxxx.com

To:   Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM@xxxxxxx.com
cc:
Subject:  Re: [bluetooth-dev] Java API

Hi Brent,

I came across the JSR as well during my searches.
However at present there isn't any output from this
JSR yet. Maybe the draft API spec is only available to
the Expert Group members... but still, it's just a
spec.

I need some concrete tool/platform which I can build
things on top. :(

Right now it seems that either I pick IBM BlueDrekar,
Axis, or purchase the SDK from Ericsson/Comtec-Sigma,
which are all C/C++ stuff.

Thanks for the info anyway!

http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/jsr/jsr_082_bluetooth.html
> .